Things to Do
Fishing• Fishing is allowed at Goose Pond FWA.
• Selected units may be closed to fishing and other activities at certain times throughout the year. Please obey all signs.
• No boat launching from a trailer is allowed. Canoes, kayaks and other small watercraft that can be carried and slid into the water are permissible.
• Boats are limited to a maximum 12-volt electric motor.
Hunting• Waterfowl, quail, rabbit, dove and deer are common at Goose Pond FWA. There are also limited opportunities for squirrel and turkey hunting.
• Check-in is required for all hunting. Most hunting opportunities are allocated through drawings. Check at the headquarters for details on drawings.
• It is illegal to possess lead shot while in the field at Goose Pond FWA.
• Certain daily bag limits and shooting times at Goose Pond FWA are more restrictive than those allowed statewide. Check at the headquarters or the self-service booths for more details.
Goose Pond FWA Dove Hunting Procedures
2014 Dove Fields
Sept. 2014 Draw Schedule
2014 Waterfowl Draw Map
Oct. 2015 – Jan. 2016 Waterfowl Draw Schedule
2014-15 Upland Game Rules and Map
2014 Deer Firearms Draw Schedule
Wildlife Watching• With nearly 5,000 acres of shallow water wetlands, 1,300 acres of prairie and over 30 miles of levees, Goose Pond FWA provides excellent wildlife watching opportunities.
• Over 260 bird species have been documented at Goose Pond FWA.
• Check-in is required for all activities at Goose Pond FWA.
• Greene-Sullivan State Forest offers hunting, fishing, camping and horseback riding opportunities.
• Redbird State Recreation Area offers Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) riding opportunities.
• Minnehaha Fish and Wildlife Area offers hunting, fishing, trapping and a shooting range.
• Hillenbrand Fish and Wildlife Area offers hunting, fishing and trapping
Additional Opportunities• Some fishing is available in the wetland units.
• Accessible hunting and wildlife viewing opportunities are available. Ask for details at the headquarters.
• Trapping is available through a drawing held on the first Saturday in October.
• A Collection Permit is required for everything other than gathering of berries, mushrooms and nuts.
• NO Camping and NO Swimming Allowed.
• Please Read and Obey All Signs.